Sunday, April 25, 2010

Veil Dancer (Meanwhile Back at Marie's house)

"You need to decide, are you for the Sun or the Moon?" Marie said. Kari stood up, her face a mask of anger. "I choose neither!" The candles begin to flicker as though a wind was passing through the house. " I am returning to my life." " I have no interest in this." Marie laughed, her body rocking. " My poor poor child" she said in a tone one would use to comfort a scared puppy. " Don't you understand the life you speak of is gone? "The half blood dogs are hunting you as we speak." Her voice getting sadder as she continued to speak. " They have no care for rules or tradition." " They aim to destroy the balance and force the final battle to be waged." Kari sat down hard, her eyes full of disbelief. " If I chose the Sun would I be accepted? " " Am I good enough to be part of them?" Marie smiled at Kari. " Child, we all judge ourselves harsher than needed." "All of us think that if we have done some small wrong we must be evil creatures." " You must look into your heart" Marie stood up slowly with the tea pot. " You can stay here with me while you decide." "Or, she motioned to Kris " you may leave with Kris and take your chances out there." Kari asked " Why am I safe here?" "I am a diplomat a negotiator of both sides." " As long as you are here there will be no altercations." "Besides" Marie smirked " you look like you could use a meal made out of something besides Twinkies!" "

No comments:

Post a Comment